Let me preface by saying this is the easiest meal to make. Depending on what ingredients I have in the fridge, quickly throwing together a bunch of ‘fixins and chopping them up will surely make a happy lunch. I like to pair my salads with our Unfiltered Orange Wine. I feel the dry, gingery notes play well with salad dressings and my famous pickled onions.
- 1/2 cup of kale
- 1/2 cup of radicchio or butter lettuce mix
- 1/4 cut shredded mozerella
- 3 sliced hearts of palm stalks
- 1/4 cup Garbonzo beans
- 1 chopped fuji apple (skin on)
- 1/2-1 sliced avocado (depending on size)
- Mound of pickled onions
- Chop everything and throw in a bowl
- Happily douse with homemade dressing
Dressing directions: I love making different dressings depending on what salad ingredients I have. A classic dressing is red wine vinegar, our Original Olive oil, dijon mustard, salt and pepper, and if you’ve got one, chopped scallions add a little kick.